We’re Hiring: Fundraising Coordinator
Join our team at Move Minnesota!
Open Position: Fundraising Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Strategic Partnerships
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt.
Salary & Compensation: $52,000 annual salary. Competitive benefits package includes health and dental insurance, HSA or FSA savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, bus pass and commuter benefits, and flexible work environment.
Move Minnesota is a leader in the movement for an equitable and sustainable transportation system that puts people first. We are passionate about connecting communities, ending the climate crisis, expanding access to jobs and resources, and improving daily life for Minnesotans of all ages, races, incomes, and abilities. We connect people to transit where the system works well, and fight hard to ensure it works for everyone.
Move Minnesota is based in Saint Paul, MN. Our team is collaborative, hard-working, mission-driven, and fun. We create change through advocacy, organizing, coalition building, policy leadership, and education. We work alongside over 10,000 supporters behind the scenes and on the ground, creating change and helping Minnesotans tell the stories of how transportation choices impact their lives and the future of our region.
Move Minnesota’s team currently works in person from our office two partial days per week to foster staff-wide connection and collaboration. Remaining work is done remotely, during optional office hours, or out in the community. All Move Minnesota employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Embedding equity in organizational practices is a core value at our organization. Move Minnesota works to offer culturally inclusive services, materials, resources, and programs. We value the strengths offered through different backgrounds and perspectives. Move Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Fundraising Coordinator collaborates with the Director of Strategic Partnerships to support the overall fundraising goals for the organization, with an emphasis on implementing annual fund appeals, managing grant submissions, and events. Project management, writing, and data management are central skills to this role.
This staff member is key to implementing the organization’s fundraising strategies, including developing donor campaigns and writing appeals, planning and coordinating events, coordinating the institutional fundraising calendar and grant submissions, and managing donor data in the Salsa CRM + Engage database. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, a strong project manager, proactive problem solver, skilled writer, and direct communicator. The ideal candidate will also enjoy working within a small (15-person) staff team. The ability to set and meet realistic timelines is essential for success in this role, as is the ability to actively practice discernment to prioritize tasks.
The Fundraising Coordinator works in close relationship to support the Director of Strategic Partnerships, as well as having collaborative relationships with the broader team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages individual donor acquisition, renewal, and retention campaigns in alignment with organizational fundraising strategies:
- Plans, develops, and distributes appeal content to supporter base, including strategic appeals such as upgrade appeals, volunteer appeals, or sustaining appeals.
- Coordinates donor stewardship and renewal activities such as thank-a-thons, phone calls, cards, annual donor summary letters, lapsed donor outreach, donor payment updates, etc.
- Plans and implements Give to the Max Day activities in accordance with broader organizational strategy around acquisition, renewal, and retention.
- Assists the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Executive Director with research and information to identify and cultivate portfolios of individual donors.
- Records all contributions into the database, and promptly and appropriately acknowledges gifts according to organization’s gift acknowledgement policy.
- Analyzes the feasibility of a prospective funder’s compatibility with the mission of the organization and ensures appropriate prospects are added to the organization’s calendar of fundraising activities.
- Oversees the institutional timeline for approaching and reporting to funders. Coordinates between Director of Strategic Partnerships, contract grant writer, and Director of Finance & Administration to ensure funding report and proposal deadlines are met.
- Completes funding applications or reports, including coordinating the editing and review process, providing research, proofreading or fact checking proposals, coordinating attachments, and writing proposals/reports when contract grant writer is unavailable.
- Coordinates planning and execution of 3-4 annual fundraising and/or donor stewardship events (smaller-scale events largely focused on individual donors).
- Coordinates across teams to integrate organizational fundraising priorities into advocacy events.
Donor Data Management (Salsa CRM + Engage)
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Salsa CRM + Engage database system.
- Coordinates and executes queries and mailing lists for newsletters, communications, and fundraising campaigns.
- Reconciles donation records with the Finance and Administration Department.
- Provides fundraising and donor reports to Director of Strategic Partnerships.
- Supports entry of key donor data for events and individual donor outreach.
- In collaboration with staff and stakeholders, advances the organization’s continued work to integrate racial justice frameworks into its internal operations and external programming.
- Carries out other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Director of Strategic Partnerships.
- Adheres to organizational values: equity, integrity, elevating voices, excellence, transparency, and stewardship.
- Experience in cross-cultural collaboration, including an understanding of how intersectional lived experiences change the way people and systems interact.
- Ability to coordinate complex information to meet overlapping project deadlines.
- 2+ years of fundraising experience, or relevant transferrable experience.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Experience and comfort with using digital platforms for donor-focused appeals and communications.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to engage in creative and strategic thinking, and desire to contribute to a growth-mindset team focused on experimentation and learning.
- Ability to contribute to a culture of collaboration.
- 2+years of fundraising experience in individual giving, or relevant related experience.
- 1+ years of experience in grant writing and grants management, or relevant related experience.
- Direct experience with databases, especially Salsa CRM or other donor CRMs
This position is housed at the Move Minnesota office in Saint Paul, Minnesota. We’re one block from the METRO Green Line’s Raymond Station and easy to reach on Metro Transit bus routes 16, 63, 67, and 87. Indoor bike parking and a private changing room are available. The building where our office is located has one floor (no stairs) and multi-stall restrooms.
As noted above, Move Minnesota’s team currently works in person from our office two partial days per week to foster staff-wide connection and collaboration. Remaining work is done remotely, during optional office hours, or out in the community. All Move Minnesota employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and 2 samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Fundraising Coordinator Search” in the subject line of your email application. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis and submissions will close November 30, 2022.