UPDATE: This position has been filled. Thank you to all who applied.
Join our team at Move Minnesota!
OPEN POSITION: Communications & Fundraising Coordinator
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Director of Advancement
COLLABORATIVE RELATIONSHIPS: Donor & Funder Relations Manager, Program staff
Move Minnesota leads the movement for an equitable transportation system that puts people first. We create change through advocacy, education, and community engagement.
We work alongside over 10,000 supporters behind the scenes and on the ground, helping Minnesotans tell the stories of how transportation choices impact their lives and the future of our region. Our work connects people to power in big and small ways—from helping individuals testify and the State Capitol, to sharing survey results with urban planners. Our efforts are helping to expand transit and bicycle networks, improve pedestrian access, and create demand for shared mobility.
Move Minnesota is based in Saint Paul. Our team is collaborative, hard-working, mission-driven, and fun. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a flexible work environment.
Embedding equity in organizational practices is a core value at our organization, resulting in culturally inclusive services, materials, resources, and programs. We value the strengths offered through different backgrounds and perspectives. Move Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Communications & Fundraising Coordinator implements communications and fundraising strategies that connect people with Move Minnesota’s mission and activities. Writing compelling copy for different audiences is a big part of the role. This staff member creates a variety of communications, from mass emails, blogs, and social media to photo and video projects and printed materials. They help coordinate fundraising efforts and ensure our donors and funders know how their generosity makes a difference. Key projects include writing reports to funders, assisting with grant applications and prospecting, processing and acknowledging gifts, maintaining our database, and supporting special events. The Communications & Fundraising Coordinator works in close relationship with our Director of Advancement, Donor & Funder Relations Manager, and program staff.
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt.
Salary & Compensation: $38,000 – $46,000. Salary for this position is commensurate with experience and competitive with similar nonprofits. Benefits include: health and dental insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, bus pass & commuter benefits, and flexible work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Communications and Engagement
- Develops and distributes content for mass emails, blogs, social media, photo and video projects, and print communications as directed by the Director of Advancement.
- Assists with creative design projects and media outreach.
- Coordinates and executes queries and mailing lists for newsletters, communications, and fundraising campaigns.
- Supports the planning, promotion, and execution of special events. Supports the integration of organizational fund development priorities into program events.
- Coordinates communications to donors and supporters and responds to inquiries.
- Maintains CRM database, including cleanup of data and support of structuring decisions within the database.
- Assists the Donor & Funder Relations Manager in writing and completing grant applications, including coordinating the editing and review process and providing research as required.
- Leads the grant reporting process. Coordinates with advancement and program staff to prepare, write, and submit narrative reports, courtesy reports, and required attachments.
- Coordinates the institutional timeline for approaching and reporting to funders, and ensures report and proposal deadlines are met.
- Working in collaboration with other staff, analyzes the feasibility of a prospective grant’s compatibility with the mission of the organization and ensures appropriate prospects are added to the organization’s calendar of fund development activities.
- Records all contributions into the database, and promptly and appropriately acknowledges gifts according to organization’s standards. Reconciles records with the Finance and Administration Department.
- Shares skills and knowledge within and across teams.
- Adheres to departmental budget objectives.
- Carries out other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Director of Advancement.
- Adheres to organizational values: equity, integrity, elevating voices, excellence, transparency, and stewardship.
- Experience in cross-cultural collaboration, including an understanding of how intersectional lived experiences change the way people and systems interact.
- 1+ years of communications and/or fundraising experience.
- Exceptional communications skills, including highly effective writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to engage in strategic thinking, and to work in a growth-mindset environment focused on experimentation and learning.
- Ability to coordinate complex information to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Existing understanding of walking, biking, and transit as modes of transportation, and sensitivity to the way transportation issues affect people’s lives and communities.
- Skills with creative design, Adobe Creative Suite, photography, and/or video editing.
This position is housed at the Move Minnesota office in Saint Paul, Minnesota. We’re one block from the METRO Green Line’s Raymond Station and easy to reach on Metro Transit bus routes 16, 63, 67, and 87. Indoor bike parking and a private changing room are available. The building where our office is located has one floor (no stairs) and multi-stall restrooms.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and one writing sample to email@example.com. Please include “Coordinator Search” in the subject line of your email application. This position is open until filled.