Saint Paul Public Hearing on Hillcrest Development Plan
The Hillcrest Master Plan will determine future land uses and a new street network for the 112-acre former golf course on Saint Paul’s East Side at the southwest corner of Larpenteur Avenue and McKnight Road. The development will include a mixture of approximately 1,000 light industrial jobs and 1,000 housing units.
As with any new development, there are opportunities to build a world–and city–we see needed for our future. With the mixture of light industry and residential, there will be around 3,000 people navigating four main streets connecting to Larpenteur Avenue and McKnight Road.
Saint Paul residents are encouraged to attend the hearing this Friday, March 4, or submit comments by Monday, March 7, and learn more about this development.
The development needs to realistically show how people will safely walk these new streets shared by large trucks and access public transit on Larpenteur Avenue and McKnight Road.
- How will the street crossings be made safe for people crossing the street?
- How will transit frequency be increased and made easier to access on McKnight Road and Larpenteur Avenue?
- How many parking spaces for cars are planned to be built? Is the development over-building parking?
- How well does it work for the future we know we need to build?
The Saint Paul Planning Commission will hold a public hearing at 8:30 AM on Friday, March 4 regarding the:
- Draft Hillcrest Master Plan
- Hillcrest Rezoning Study (proposed rezoning)
- Hillcrest Zoning Code Study (zoning code amendments)
- Comprehensive Plan amendment
Background information can be found in the master plan document as well as the memo to the Planning Commission.
Oral testimony can be given during the Planning Commission meeting via telephone or Microsoft Teams meeting:
- Phone: Use call-in number: 612-315-7905 (ID: 814 818 363#)
- Microsoft Teams meeting: Click here to join the Microsoft Teams meeting. Requires Microsoft Teams phone application, or Web browsers Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. Note that Internet Explorer or Firefox will not work.
Meeting access information is also listed here: www.stpaul.gov/planning-commission.
Public comments may be submitted in writing by 4:30 PM on Monday, March 7, 2022 to Bill.Dermody@ci.stpaul.mn.us. Please include name and address for the record. See the public hearing notice for additional participation options.