Move Minnesota is looking for volunteers to help with our group bike rides in Saint Paul this summer. Choose to volunteer at one or more of the monthly rides happening on Thursdays in June, July, and August. Sign up below!
Volunteers will assist in greeting riders and gathering ride waivers. Depending on the route, volunteers may assist in safely navigating on-street riding and setting a leisurely pace. Infrequently, volunteers may assist in changing a tire or on-route maintenance as necessary. These rides traditionally end in a social gathering, which would be optional for volunteers to attend.
We’re specifically looking for ride volunteers with:
- Ability to ride a bike or micro mobility device, at leisurely speeds in environments that included mostly trails, some lanes, and a few shared lanes.
- Ability to clearly and respectfully communicate with riders of diverse backgrounds, experience, and comfort levels.
- Local knowledge of Saint Paul, and basic field bike maintenance are pluses but absolutely not required.
Summer Rides Schedule:
- Thursday, June 22, 5:00-6:30 PM. Robert Piram Trail Group Bike Ride. Meet: Harriet Island Trailhead
- Thursday, July 20, 5:00-6:30 PM. Bruce Vento Trail Group Bike Ride. Meet: Union Depot Front Steps (note new trail route and starting point)
- Thursday, August 24, 5:00-6:30 PM. Saint Anthony Park Group Bike Ride. Meet: Desnoyer Park
Questions? Contact Max Singer, email@example.com.