Move Minnesota is looking for volunteers to help with our group bike rides in Saint Paul this fall. Our next ride is September 22 at 4:30 PM. Sign up to help with one or more upcoming rides below!
Volunteers will assist in greeting riders and gathering ride waivers. Depending on the route, volunteers may assist in safely navigating on-street riding and setting a leisurely pace. Infrequently, volunteers may assist in changing a tire or on-route maintenance as necessary. These rides traditionally end in a social gathering, which would be optional for volunteers to attend.
We’re specifically looking for ride volunteers with:
- Ability to ride a bike or micro mobility device, at leisurely speeds in environments that included mostly trails, some lanes, and a few shared lanes.
- Ability to clearly and respectfully communicate with riders of diverse backgrounds, experience, and comfort levels.
- Local knowledge of Saint Paul, and basic field bike maintenance are pluses but absolutely not required.
- Depending on group size and route, volunteers will have the opportunity to lead the ride, “sweep” so as no one gets left behind, or “cork” at intersections by stopping traffic as the ride rolls through.
Fall Rides Schedule:
- Friday, September 22, 4:30-5:30 PM. World Car-Free Day Group Bike Ride. Meet: Short Line Park, Saint Paul.
- More upcoming rides coming soon!
Questions? Contact Max Singer, firstname.lastname@example.org.