We’re Hiring: Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Coordinator
UPDATE: This position has been filled. Thank you to everyone who applied!
Join our team at Move Minnesota!
Open Position: Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Coordinator
Reports To: Program Manager for Employer Partnerships and Transportation Demand Management
Key Collaborative Relationships: Program Manager for Employer Partnerships and Transportation Demand Management, Director of Policy and Research, Director of Communications and Organizing, and Program Managers.
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt.
Salary & Compensation: $41,000-$44,000 annual salary. Competitive benefits package includes health and dental insurance, HSA or FSA savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, bus pass and commuter benefits, and flexible work environment.
Move Minnesota is a leader in the movement for an equitable and sustainable transportation system that puts people first. We are passionate about connecting communities, ending the climate crisis, expanding access to jobs and resources, and improving daily life for Minnesotans of all ages, races, incomes, and abilities. We connect people to transit where the system works well, and fight hard to ensure it works for everyone.
Move Minnesota is the designated Transportation Management Organization (TMO) for the City of Saint Paul. We are dedicated to reducing emissions by connecting people to transit, biking, carshare, and walking options in Saint Paul.
Move Minnesota is based in Saint Paul, MN. Our team is collaborative, hard-working, mission-driven, and fun. We create change through advocacy, organizing, coalition building, policy leadership, and education. This position is currently a remote-only position, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the hope to return to hybrid in-person work in 2022. All Move Minnesota employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Embedding equity in organizational practices is a core value at our organization. Move Minnesota works to offer culturally inclusive services, materials, resources, and programs. We value the strengths offered through different backgrounds and perspectives. Move Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Move Minnesota seeks a motivated individual to fill a Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Coordinator position. The position will assist in implementing Transportation Demand Management strategies to modify people’s travel choices by promoting alternatives such as transit, telework, carshare, biking, and walking in the City of Saint Paul. This position will be an addition to the Move Minnesota program team and will work with local employers, city and county departments, and transportation agencies.
This staff member will join a growing program team at Move Minnesota, working on several focused programs targeted at increasing transit use along high frequency transit corridors, and among specific populations. They will work collaboratively to achieve short-term wins with an eye to bigger picture and transformative change. The ideal candidate will bring strong persuasive writing skills, and a demonstrated understanding of transportation options and what factors influence people’s transportation choices. Writing and data management are central skills to this role.
Duties and Responsibilities
Communications and Marketing
- Develops content for quarterly newsletter, blogs, website, and social media posts.
- Promotes transportation options for visitors, workers, and residents of Saint Paul, including Metro Transit products, such as Metro Pass, Residential Transit Pass, and College Pass.
- Distributes communications to employers, developers, and property managers.
- Actively partners with communications staff to communicate transit benefits, local projects, and new policies.
- Amplifies key intersectional issues and values at the core of Move Minnesota’s work, particularly among transit, racial justice, social justice, and climate change.
- Works collaboratively and strategically to build Saint Paul employer base.
- Develops effective systems and standard practices for engaging employers and developers.
- Organizes activities aligned to organization’s TDM education goals and initiatives.
- Develops commuter resources for employers, such as providing transit trip times to major employment centers, transit routes and fare schedules, car-share information, bicycling routes, pedestrian safety tips, and more.
- Coordinates the development of materials for employment hubs and residential managers to encourage employees and residents to use transit, biking, walking, and rolling options.
- Plans, develops, and markets transportation programs, policies, and events such as a commuter challenge or group bike rides.
- Maintains contacts with employers, city staff, and organizations in database.
- Develops transportation surveys and provides analysis of data.
- Contributes to quarterly and annual program reports.
- In collaboration with staff and stakeholders, advances the organization’s continued work to integrate racial justice frameworks into its internal operations and external programming.
- Carries out other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Program Manager.
- Adheres to organizational values: equity, integrity, elevating voices, excellence, transparency, and stewardship.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Adept at creating compelling people-centered and values-centered messaging.
- Working knowledge of alternative commute practices and programs, such as TDM strategies.
- Skilled in survey development, analysis, and reporting.
- Skilled in the creation and delivery of educational and persuasive communications tailored to various audiences.
- Knowledge of transit, walking, biking, rolling, and shared mobility as modes of transportation, and sensitivity to the way transportation issues affect people’s lives and communities.
- Skills and enthusiasm for building and maintaining positive relationships with community members, partners, employers, and outside agencies.
- Able to engage in strategic thinking, and to work in a growth-mindset environment focused on experimentation and learning.
- Experienced and comfortable with digital platforms.
- Committed to social and racial justice and to cross-cultural collaboration.
- At least three years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of Saint Paul geography and resources including, but not limited to, streets, roads, employers, organizations, and landmarks.
- Good knowledge of effective engagement strategies.
- Skilled in database contact management, such as Salsa CRM + Engage database system.
- Experience with Adobe suite of software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experience with GIS software.
- BA/BS degree in communications, marketing, public relations, graphic design, English, business, public administration, urban studies, planning, or a related field.
This position is housed at the Move Minnesota office in Saint Paul, Minnesota, although Move Minnesota is currently working remotely due to the coronavirus. The office is one block from the METRO Green Line’s Raymond Ave Station and easy to reach on Metro Transit bus routes 16, 63, 67, and 87. Indoor bike parking and a private changing room are available. The building where our office is located has one floor (no stairs) and multi-stall restrooms.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and 1-2 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “TDM Coordinator Search” in the subject line of your email application. Please submit your application by February 18, 2022.
Note: This post has been updated to reflect an extended application deadline.