We’re Hiring: Programs Coordinator
UPDATE: This position has been filled. Thank you to everyone who applied!
Join our team at Move Minnesota!
Open Position: Programs Coordinator
Reports To: Program Manager (C Line), Program Manager (Green Line)
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt. 12-month grant-funded position.
Salary & Compensation: $38,000-$42,000 annual salary. Competitive benefits package includes health and dental insurance, HSA or FSA savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, bus pass and commuter benefits, and flexible work environment.
Move Minnesota is a leader in the movement for an equitable and sustainable transportation system that puts people first. We are the designated Transportation Management Organization (TMO) for the City of Saint Paul. We provide resources for transportation options and solutions for employers and developers. We are dedicated to reducing emissions by connecting people to transit, biking, carshare, and walking options.
Move Minnesota is based in Saint Paul, MN. Our team is collaborative, hard-working, mission-driven, and fun. We create change through advocacy, organizing, coalition building, policy leadership, and education. This position is currently a remote-only position, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, with the hope to return to in-person work in 2022. All employees must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
Embedding equity in organizational practices is a core value at our organization. Move Minnesota works to offer culturally inclusive services, materials, resources, and programs. We value the strengths offered through different backgrounds and perspectives. Move Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Move Minnesota seeks a motivated individual to fill the Programs Coordinator position. The position will assist in increasing residents’ transportation options by promoting transit, telework, carshare, biking, and walking. This position will be an addition to the Move Minnesota program team and will work directly with residents, property managers, and property owners as we advance the goals of the Changing Choices Along the C Line initiative and the Green Line Renters initiative.
The C Line initiative aims to increase awareness of the C Line, and ridership of transit, through culturally relevant engagement. The Green Line initiative aims to increase transportation options for those living along the Green Line through engagement with renters, building managers, and developers of properties near the Green Line corridor.
This staff member will join a growing program team at Move Minnesota and will work in close partnership with the Program Managers for the C Line and Green Line grants, the Policy and Research Director, and broader staff team. They will work collaboratively to achieve short-term goals with an eye to bigger picture and transformative change. The ideal candidate will bring strong communication skills and an understanding of transportation options and what factors influence people’s transportation choices. Outreach with diverse communities and movement building are central skills to this role.
Essential functions of this role include the ability to build, manage, and document digital and in-person relationships with residents, property managers, organizations, and businesses along the Green Line and C Line. Outreach methods will include a hybrid mix of communications by phone, email, Zoom, group facilitation, and in-person outreach (tabling, experiential transit trips). This position will also create attractive educational marketing materials specific to each project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds, manages and documents digital and in-person relationships with residents, property managers, organizations, and business along the Green Line and C Line.
- Works independently or with volunteers to gather data through bus counts, surveys, and other on-the-ground activities.
- Tables at events or transit stops to speak to riders about transportation.
- Promotes the Residential Transit Pass and the Changing Choices Campaign.
- Works with team members to create customized maps and guides for specific sites promoting transit use, biking, carshare, and walking.
- Creates flyers and advertisements as needed for events.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- In collaboration with staff and stakeholders, advances the organization’s continued work to integrate racial justice frameworks into its internal operations and external programming.
- Carries out other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Program Managers.
- Adheres to organizational values: equity, integrity, elevating voices, excellence, transparency, and stewardship.
- At least one year of experience in community outreach, campaign work, or related work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of transit, walking, biking, rolling, and shared mobility as modes of transportation, and sensitivity to the way transportation issues affect people’s lives and communities.
- Skills and enthusiasm for building and maintaining positive relationships with community members, partners, employers, and outside agencies.
- Able to contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Experienced and comfortable with digital platforms.
- Committed to social and racial justice and to cross-cultural collaboration.
- Technical experience using digital communication tools including Salsa CRM, dialer systems like FiveNine, and the Adobe suite of software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experience working within the transportation system to affect positive change.
- Demonstrated personal or professional commitment to promoting transit, biking, walking, and rolling.
This position is housed at the Move Minnesota office in Saint Paul, Minnesota, although Move Minnesota is currently working remotely due to the coronavirus. The office is one block from the METRO Green Line’s Raymond Ave Station and easy to reach on Metro Transit bus routes 16, 63, 67, and 87. Indoor bike parking and a private changing room are available. The building where our office is located has one floor (no stairs) and multi-stall restrooms.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and 1-2 writing samples to email@example.com. Please include “Programs Coordinator Search” in the subject line of your email application. Please submit your application by February 18, 2022.
Note: This post has been updated to reflect an extended application deadline.