We’re Hiring: Fundraising Coordinator
UPDATE: This position has been filled. Thank you to all who applied.
Join our team at Move Minnesota!
Open Position: Fundraising Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Strategic Partnerships
Job Type: Full-time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt.
Salary & Compensation: $50,000 annual salary. Competitive benefits package includes health and dental insurance, HSA or FSA savings plan, retirement plan, paid time off, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, bus pass and commuter benefits, and flexible work environment.
Move Minnesota is a leader in the movement for an equitable and sustainable transportation system that puts people first. We are passionate about connecting communities, ending the climate crisis, expanding access to jobs and resources, and improving daily life for Minnesotans of all ages, races, incomes, and abilities. We connect people to transit where the system works well, and fight hard to ensure it works for everyone.
Move Minnesota is based in Saint Paul, MN. Our team is collaborative, hard-working, mission-driven, and fun. We create change through advocacy, organizing, coalition building, policy leadership, and education. This position is currently a remote-only position, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, with a likely return to in-person work in Fall 2021.
Embedding equity in organizational practices is a core value at our organization. Move Minnesota works to offer culturally inclusive services, materials, resources, and programs. We value the strengths offered through different backgrounds and perspectives. Move Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Fundraising Coordinator collaborates with the Director of Strategic Partnerships to support the overall fundraising goals for the organization, with an emphasis on implementing annual fund appeals and events. Project management, writing, and data management are central skills to this role.
This staff member is key to implementing the organization’s fundraising strategies, including developing donor campaigns and writing appeals, planning and coordinating events, coordinating the institutional fundraising calendar, and managing the organization’s supporter data in the Salsa CRM + Engage database. The ideal candidate will be a strong project manager, proactive problem solver, skilled writer, and direct communicator. The ideal candidate will also enjoy working within a small (15-person) staff team. The ability to set and meet realistic timelines is essential for success in this role, as is the ability to actively practice discernment to prioritize tasks.
The Fundraising Coordinator works in close relationship to support the Director of Strategic Partnerships, as well as having collaborative relationships with the broader team.
This role includes occasional evening and/or weekend hours to support events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages individual donor acquisition, renewal, and retention campaigns in alignment with organizational fundraising strategies:
- Plans, develops, and distributes appeal content to supporter base, including strategic appeals such as upgrade appeals, volunteer appeals, or sustaining appeals.
- Coordinates donor stewardship and renewal activities such as thank-a-thons, phone calls, cards, annual donor summary letters, lapsed donor outreach, donor payment updates, etc.
- Plans and implements Give to the Max Day activities in accordance with broader organizational strategy around acquisition, renewal, and retention.
- Assists the Director of Strategic Partnerships and Executive Director with research and information to identify and cultivate portfolios of individual donors.
- Records all contributions into the database, and promptly and appropriately acknowledges gifts according to organization’s gift acknowledgement policy.
- Analyzes the feasibility of a prospective funder’s compatibility with the mission of the organization and ensures appropriate prospects are added to the organization’s calendar of fundraising activities.
- Oversees the institutional timeline for approaching and reporting to funders. Coordinates between Director of Strategic Partnerships, contract grant writer, and Director of Finance & Administration to ensure funding report and proposal deadlines are met.
- Completes funding applications or reports, including coordinating the editing and review process, providing research, proofreading or fact checking proposals, coordinating attachments, or writing proposals/reports when contract grant writer is unavailable.
- Coordinates planning and execution of 3-4 annual fundraising and/or donor stewardship events (smaller-scale events largely focused on individual donors).
- Coordinates across teams to integrate organizational fundraising priorities into advocacy events.
Data Management (Salsa CRM + Engage)
- Maintains CRM database, including cleanup of data and support of structuring decisions within the database.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Salsa CRM + Engage database system. Responds to support needs from staff members.
- Coordinates and executes queries and mailing lists for newsletters, communications, and fundraising campaigns.
- Promotes a culture of data management and hygiene within the organization.
- Reconciles records with the Finance and Administration Department.
- Provides fundraising reports to Director of Strategic Partnerships.
- Supports entry of key donor data for events and individual donor outreach.
- In collaboration with staff and stakeholders, advances the organization’s continued work to integrate racial justice frameworks into its internal operations and external programming.
- Carries out other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Strategic Partnerships.
- Adheres to organizational values: equity, integrity, elevating voices, excellence, transparency, and stewardship.
- Ability to coordinate complex information to meet overlapping project deadlines.
- 2+ years of fundraising experience, or relevant transferrable experience.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience and comfort with technology platforms.
- Ability to engage in strategic thinking, and to work in a growth-mindset environment focused on experimentation and learning.
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- 2+ years of fundraising experience in individual giving
- 2+ years of experience with databases, especially Salsa CRM + Engage or other donor CRMs
- Direct experience planning and implementing events
This position is housed at the Move Minnesota office in Saint Paul, Minnesota, although Move Minnesota is currently working remotely due to the coronavirus. The office is one block from the METRO Green Line’s Raymond Ave Station and easy to reach on Metro Transit bus routes 16, 63, 67, and 87. Indoor bike parking and a private changing room are available. The building where our office is located has one floor (no stairs) and multi-stall restrooms.
Submit your cover letter, resume, and 1-2 work samples to email@example.com. Please include “Fundraising Coordinator” in the subject line of your email application. Applications will be reviewed starting July 23, 2021.
Note: This posting has been edited to reflect a change in salary and preferred requirements and an extension of the review date.